Friday, June 28, 2013

Wearing our cranky pants

As the temperatures outside have shot up suddenly, so have our tempers.  The kids are tired of each other.  I'm tired of this apartment (remember when I sucked it up and tried to put a cheery spin on living here because I'd only be here a few months?), and I'm tired of my entire family.  My husband's injured back is making me crazy.  My eldest child's "I'm a ten year old, and I therefore know everything" attitude is causing me to grit my teeth so hard that my jaw aches, and the little guy, well let's just say he should come with some cheese and crackers to go with his spectacular whine. We are all wearing our cranky pants (Look, somebody has actually made cranky pants!).

I blame the heat, the general stress of our life, and the fact that 1000 square feet is too little space for this many people for a long period of time.  I blame the mess for a good chunk of my own crankiness.  My inner life is very much reflected in my out disaster area of a home, and try as I might, I don't seem to be getting anywhere with the home organization.

So, when both your inner world and your outer world are cluttered and messy, do you begin inside or outside?  Do you physically exhaust yourself dealing with the physical world and all of it's mundane detritus, or should you gently begin reshaping the worlds within? Do you do it all at once or a little at a time?  I'm leaning towards tying up my hair, putting on my holey pants, and trying to shovel my way through the physical disaster.  Maybe then, the energy will broken up enough to manageable.  Wish me luck, I'm going to need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment, share or ask questions, but please, keep comments in good taste and respectful.