Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Confliction

There is a group that I have been drawn to for a while. The other day, I decided to formally join them. As I was reading the information about joining this group, my heart fell.  As a condition of joining, I must only work with feminine energies and deities.

This is a problem, a big one.  After a lifetime of fearing and despising God and patriarchy, I found myself called to give up my own misandry (You can read about that here and here). I have also been touched by visions of the Divine Masculine.  The Goddess must have a God to complete the world.  How can I turn my back on something I see, something I strongly feel?  How can I, mother to two boys, banish Masculine energies from my life?

It has been a hard won truth of my spiritual development that balance between all things is not only possible, but desirable.  It's good for us. It promotes understand and prevents tyranny.  Equality between the sexes, the genders can move all of us forward by eliminating power struggles between two ideas that must exist in order for our species to survive.

As disappointed as I am to not join this group, as easy as it would be to slip into old habits, I am choosing to remind myself that balance is what I am striving for. I am remembering that I have been gifted with opportunities to learn not only from goddesses, but from gods, too. The Divine Masculine is as welcome in my life as is the Divine Feminine, and so long as we humans try to keep those energies at odds with each other, we will never learn how beautiful, strong and important both are.

4 comments:

  1. I agree with you. If women truly feel their power, there will be no need to ban the masculine energy. True balance is found in the blending of both male and female energies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Aine. It's nice to know I'm not the only who is feeling this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an excellent post! Think & feel for yourself! Honor the God AND the Goddess- balance is key... Here's to finding a group that is a perfect match for you -xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Joanna!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment, share or ask questions, but please, keep comments in good taste and respectful.