Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Masks

I was looking at masks last night before I went to bed.  There are dozens of leather workers who are crafting amazing, beautiful faery and green man masks, and I so admire their craft (Check out Mythical Masks, Rainewalker Studios and Fantasy Guilde Studios).  Someday, I'd like to get a couple of green man and faery masks in greens, blues and violets to hang on the walls.  For right now, I just browse.

All these masks left mark last night.  My dreams were filled with exotic, extravagant and fascinating masks.  Egyptian deities walked alongside kachina dancers, butterfly faced faeries and green men. Mixed into all of those characters were family members, friends, and the characters from books and movies.

I'm not sure what any of it means, but it was beautiful and vivid dream that makes me want to go back to sleep so I can try to seem it again.  I'm thinking now about the masks I see everyday.  What do they mean, what do they hide, what do they reveal?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment, share or ask questions, but please, keep comments in good taste and respectful.