Friday, February 8, 2013

Tears for no reason

Every so often, I get weepy for no reason.  Having ruled out a depressive episode, menstratution, and pregnancy, I am always flummoxed by this.  A word of appreciation can send me sobbing.  Books, movies and TV shows have me watering up over sometimes silly things.  A harsh word can shatter me.

After a week, sometimes two, this all goes away.  I emerge from this strange, wet period none the worse, and I leave behind me a trail of baffled friends and family members.  I don't feel particuarly sad or sappy.  I'm fine up until the second the tears start.  It's a lot like having an emotional leak.  I know something is off, but I can't find it.  I feel silly for crying over nothing, especially thinks that most days don't phase me, but I can't seem to stop it.

Is this something that many people experience   Am I simply ignoring how much some things bother me and force those emotions to surface someplace else  or is it a connection with a bigger energy that is trying to communicate? I don't know.  

1 comment:

  1. You are not the only one that this happens to. Just this past Monday, I was driving home from taking my 3 year old to preschool, singing along (badly) to the radio and I started bawling. Now, when a woman from the south says bawling, she means right out howling with tears streaming down her face. I have no idea why, but it stopped as suddenly as it started about 5 minutes later.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment, share or ask questions, but please, keep comments in good taste and respectful.