Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Loose teeth and double digits

Today is my eldest son's 10th birthday. He's reached double digits; some days, we weren't certain that he would survive to see such a ripe, old age, but here we are. He's got less than a year and half left of elementary school, and he's only a couple inches shorter than me now.

At the same time as one child is celebrating his first decade, the other is wiggling his first loose baby tooth.  Those perfect, tiny little teeth are leaving. He's stop calling bananas "nannies", and he's learning to read on his own. I wasn't ready for this.

It's been one of those days that makes clear to me that my babies aren't babies any more.  Some days, I can't wait for them to be bigger, more independent, and other days, I wish for a few more moments of little boyhood.

Happy Birthday, baby, and please, please, stop growing up so fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment, share or ask questions, but please, keep comments in good taste and respectful.