Saturday, January 19, 2013

The funny thing about fog

Fog is best known for concealing things.  It creeps in, covers up everything, makes the morning murky, and then it fades away.  It happens all the time around here.

I noticed the other morning that the fog wasn't just concealing my world.  It was disguising it.  Driving south on Broadway, taking the kids to school, I noticed layered silhouettes of tress against mountain and sky.  The layers were different shades of grey and that indicates they are at different distances.  That big hill I drive past every morning, it's got a landscape that I never notice.

By preventing me from seeing the world the way I usually do, the fog has allowed me to see that I missed something.  I feel a miniature adventure brewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment, share or ask questions, but please, keep comments in good taste and respectful.