Saturday, January 5, 2013

Gratitude for big things and little

After the holidays, I am profoundly grateful. I am grateful for wonderful friends, an interesting and loving family, and for all of you lovely readers who read what I write.  I am grateful for new opportunities and people who recognize talent when they see it. I am grateful to put a trying year behind me. I am grateful to relax. I am grateful that we don't live close to certain family members, I am grateful to return to a regular schedule. I weep in gratitude for being done with visits to certain places and certain people. I am grateful that the sun will be out a little more each day, and I'm grateful for the mild weather of my home, where I do not have to freeze my butt off.  I am grateful for silly, sweet romance novels and chocolate enjoyed in bed under the covers.

So, in an exercise of wanting what you have, I encourage you to make a list of things you are grateful to already have.  Make it diverse; include big things like friends and family, but also include the little silly stuff we regularly overlook, like a comfy bed, or your favorite warm socks.  I find that this practice of gratitude also makes it easier to sit down and write out those thank you notes.  It fills me with a sense of well being that will serve me well in the next few days as we adjust our schedules back to the school and work schedules that dictate our lives.  I know the glow fades quickly, so I'm enjoying my gratitude while it's big and fresh and filling.  I hope you can do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment, share or ask questions, but please, keep comments in good taste and respectful.