Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Craziness is fun

There are days when I really enjoy my insanity. It's been a while since I had anything truly silly to share (I don't think this incident compares favorably to the "wearing my husband's underwear" incident). Today, I chased the kids around the house while whacking them with a colander (one of the light weight mesh ones).  It was the most fun I've had in quite a while.

I'm going to be incredibly childish and tell you: It's all Gavin's fault.  Really.  I was making dinner the other night and talking to my husband on the phone as he traveled from work to wherever he was heading (I forget).  The spaghetti sauce and meatballs were simmering. I'd started warming the water to boil pasta, and Gavin kept coming in and chanting, yes, chanting, "Isitdoneyet? Isitdoneyet? Isitdoneyet?"  The first few times I just told him to go away. Then I threatened. Then, I started whacking him with the colander while he giggled like a drunken pixie.  Aiden, of course, had to get in on the Drive Mommy Crazy game and started chanting, too.  When I whacked him, he giggled even harder!  I can't win, but I can occasionally have a good laugh at the silliness of my life.

So, take my advice and go attack somebody with a colander, oh, no , wait.  Go have some fun. Let your inner crazy person out to play (though probably not with fire or sharp objects, just to be safe).  It's good medicine and sometimes, it's also a good way to smooth over the rough spots in day to day relationships and it certainly relieves election related stress.

Remember to enter the giveaway for a Samhain spell kit at Cauldron Keeper's Spell Book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment, share or ask questions, but please, keep comments in good taste and respectful.