Monday, August 20, 2012

My daily moment of (silly) gratitude

My mental faculties are on vacation (or maybe they just wander off to the bar for a drink).  I have been saying stupid stuff- like when Colin told me over the phone that he forgot something important and I guessed that it was his phone.  I've also been doing stupid stuff- like forgetting the front curtains were open and walking into the living room for clothes wearing nothing but my skivvies. This lack of brain function is also why you guys got two Sunday posts, when they were supposed to be scheduled for different days.  It makes me feel like I'm losing brain cells, and it makes me sad.

Then I had one of those moments that both stun you with their brilliance and truth while making you choke on the mouthful of whatever you just took a sip of.  While all my stupid moments have been witnessed by my kids and husband, there are no paparazzi documenting them for the sole purpose of posting them online.  Whatever temporary brain burps I'm having ( a friend of mine likes to say hers are "warm ups for future senior moments"), it could be worse: people could actually find me interesting enough to follow around with a camera to share with everyone else.

Suddenly, I'm pretty grateful for my quiet existence and the lack of documentary equipment while I recover from my current case of dumbness.

2 comments:

  1. Cheer up! I gave you an award, so you are very special regardless lol! http://www.wanewyrds.com/2012/08/sharing-love-blog-award-time.html#.UDMUl92PUpk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll try to get to this in a couple of days.

      Delete

Please feel free to comment, share or ask questions, but please, keep comments in good taste and respectful.