Friday, June 15, 2012

Creepy ads or messages from Universe?

Have you ever started thinking about an idea only to find all your customized ads on the internet reflect that? It's been a creepy few days.  My husband and I have been thinking about having another baby in the next two years, but we haven't been actively researching baby stuff.  I sign on to my Amazon account yesterday, and my recommended items list is full of diaper bags and baby bottles.  Then, I spend some time goofing off on a dress up game, I noticed the banner was advertising maternity clothes.  I'm trying to decide whether my phone has been bugged or if the Universe is trying to tell me something.

Behavior monitoring technologies can be a great way for companies to reach consumers, but it's also a way to scare the hell out of people and make us feel like even our thoughts aren't safe.  For those of us who sometimes see messages from the Universe in the world around us, it's increasingly difficult to determine what's a true message and what's just a message from the sponsors.  What's your take?  Have you had an experience like this?

1 comment:

  1. If you an your husband had not been discussing having a baby, you probably wouldn't have noticed the ads. Then again, they might not have appeared. Boy, I'm helpful aren't I. ;)

    Because you feel connected to these ads or you wouldn't have asked, then you must feel they are a sign. But, does this sign indicate a time period? From what you have written, I wouldn't try to take this as a sign you should do it right away, just that the universe agrees with you. Sometimes in the next 2 years.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment, share or ask questions, but please, keep comments in good taste and respectful.