Friday, April 27, 2012

The monster returns

As most of you know, I have Major Depressive Disorder. My depression goes in cycles over long periods of time. The wheel has turned again, and I find myself at the bottom once more.

This means a return to the psychologist, and likely new medication. It may mean that I'm writing less; antidepressant medication tends to have a lot of side effects for me, including short term memory loss and a loss of creativity (which scares and saddens me).

Please bear with me as I adjust and try to find a way to cope.

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for being so open about this. Let me know if I can help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kat! As always, you are wonderful.

      Delete
  2. Your anonymous commentator here...sending you good thoughts and hope you find a medication that works for you. I know how painful depression is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how you feel I also suffer from severe depression..good luck sister and I hope ur new meds help and ur creativity comes back in abundance. *MUAH*

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment, share or ask questions, but please, keep comments in good taste and respectful.