Monday, April 23, 2012

Dying dreams

It feels as if many of my dreams are dying.  They aren't just stalled or undernourished.  They are dying agonizing, slow deaths that poison everything else, especially my hope for the future.  It makes getting through the days much harder to see that many of the things I've dreamed about and worked for not coming any closer to reality. 

What do you do when it comes time to let a dream go? DoI hang on in desperate hope the things will change?  Do I simply let go and move on?  Is it appropriate to grieve? Should I let go of all my dreams and stop hoping and wishing?

I don't know, but somehow, I've got to make peace with my dying dreams before everything turns bitter.

2 comments:

  1. I understand this. Life dealt me many blows in the past couple years. Things got so bad that I considered suicide (obviously didn't go through with it, because here I am.) These painful feelings led me back to paganism, although I haven't settled on a path yet.

    Sometimes now I don't even hope or plan on anything, just live day to day. Which isn't that great because it's better to have something to look forward to, but I'm too scared to hope. Yet there's still a tiny part of me that does hope otherwise I would not still be here responding to you. I hope that if I'm pagan, then I have a patron deity that is leading/inspiring me back to a better place, although I don't know which one.

    Anyway, if you let go of a dream, it is entirely appropriate to grieve. That dream was a part of you. If you hang on, carve out 10 minutes here and there to think about, focus, or work on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry things got so bad for you, and wish you all the healing that you need.

      As far as finding your path, I dare say tat it will find you, not the other way around. I came into paganism through Wicca, left, wandered, and now have focused on the idea of direct revelation rather than interpretation through another.

      I think your advice about carving out time might be a great idea. Thank you!

      Delete

Please feel free to comment, share or ask questions, but please, keep comments in good taste and respectful.