Saturday, February 25, 2012

Talking to the God and the Goddess

Having grown up in a religion that incorporated a prophet and priestly interpretation of God's will, I had a sense that I was too unimportant to communicate with the Divine.  It took years, many authors, and an attitude adjustment for me to even think about trying to contact the Goddess.

When I finally did, it was surprisingly easy, and it felt right in a way that nothing else in my spiritual life ever had before.  She laughed and told me that it had taken me long enough to get to that point, but there was pride in Her tone as well.  From then on, I began to strip away many of the trappings of ritual work.  I learned to trust my urges for spontaneous and joyful celebration.

Many interactions have I had with Her.  Some as subtle as a whisper of reassurance in the wind, others were direct communication during meditation.  Images that appeared in my mind and sudden inspiration all have been Her and I communicating.  It took longer, for a variety of reasons for me to reach out to the God.  My interactions with Him have been far fewer, but no less powerful, as I am only beginning my lessons with Him.  In time, I imagine His presence will be every bit as comforting and frequent as is Hers in my life.

If you haven't already, I urge you to try to reach out to your Gods and communicate.  Fear of silence is natural, but when you are truly ready to welcome Them into your life, They will be there to teach you.

Update on Faery Godparents for J:  J is going home this weekend!  Thank you to everyone who commented with ideas and who sent good thoughts her way.  It is very much appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment, share or ask questions, but please, keep comments in good taste and respectful.