Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The Fix It Fairy

For a couple of years, I have been trying to get my husband to dress up at the Car Repair Fairy for Halloween.  His work uniform, a pair of wings and sparkling wrench would be easy and fun to put together.  He won't do it, much to my dismay.  The idea has come from the fact that he likes to help people.

Saturday required a trip to Emeryville to visit IKEA.  We stopped for ice cream on the way home, and in the parking lot, there was a pair of women with their hood opened.  Whipping the car into a nearby parking space, he jumped out, laughed and said "The Fix It Fairy will be back".

A few minutes later, he was back.  I admire his ability to simply do what needs to be done, to offer help without any expectation of reward and his kindness to complete strangers.  While some of my husband's personality traits that are rubbing off on the kids drive me crazy, this is one I hope does.  Every time something like this happens, I am so proud and grateful to be part of this man's life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment, share or ask questions, but please, keep comments in good taste and respectful.