Monday, January 9, 2012

Polka Dots

I have to admire my younger son.  As he is recovering from pneumonia, he has developed a "sensitivity" to amoxicillin.  Now he is covered, head to toe, in red polka dots.  Through all this, he's been pretty cheerful.  Being itchy is never fun, and being itchy while recovering from illness is downright awful, but he has laughed and played and joked through it all. HE even thinks his polka dots are cute.

Sunday, I spent the entire day sweating through a 104 degree fever, and sleeping.  My attitude, when I was awake, never approached the level of cheerful, my little guy has shown.  Now that I'm coherent, I'm pretty awestruck by what a trooper he is.

2 comments:

  1. Kids always seem so much more able to deal with shit like that than we are. I remember when my oldest got Chicken pox. He was so itchy too. I called him my Little Itchy Witchy. He laughed. I get a cold and I'm a big baby, but he could trooper through pneumonia, chicken pox, and appendicitis. I'm such a baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment, share or ask questions, but please, keep comments in good taste and respectful.