Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Pet peeve- Hypocrisy

I must admit that I foster a whole menagerie of pet peeves, but one that annoys me the most is hypocrisy. Lately, it's really been getting on my nerves and tap dancing on it while wearing high heels and singing "At the Copacabana".

It doesn't matter anymore who the hypocrit is. Newt Gingrich (who I despise and have since the Clinton administration) my mother-in-law (don't get me started here) and the obnoxious idiots who tagged along with Occupy SF and decided to smash the windows of the dealership my husband works at (protesting soulless corporations peacefully is all well and good, but destroying the property of a family owned and operated business is idiotic, especially when they have carefully refrained from commenting on the protests and workers were still in the building and had the crap scared out of them) are all equally disdained. If you believe something enough to try to force it on others, you damn well better put your money where your mouth is in my opinion. Saying "do as I say, not as I do" just doesn't cut it. If you want others to behave in particular manner, lead by example. I won't bother to listen to you otherwise, unless I'm itching for a good argument.

That all said, I try really hard to not get too big for my britches. I'm only human and sometimes, I'm not the best person I could be. Falling down, making mistakes, screwing up are all part of life, but repeating mistakes, expecting to be judged by a different scale than everyone else, or refusing to let others be self determinate are all unacceptable, no matter who you are.  It demeans us all as individuals, stifles creativity and produces inequality.

Well, that's my rant for today. Cheers!

2 comments:

Please feel free to comment, share or ask questions, but please, keep comments in good taste and respectful.