Friday, January 6, 2012

Not a young woman, not middle aged either

The archetype of the triple goddess gets a lot of attention in pagan and New Age writing.  It's a powerful image, but I sometimes wonder if our modern lives are a bit out of touch with it.  I'm 32.  Young by some standards, middle aged by others.  I've been the maiden/the unmarried woman/ the young woman.  I'm a mother now, but at some point, I will pass into this grey area where I'm not quite a crone, but no longer a mother first of all. To be honest, it's a little scary and perplexing, kind of the same way the transition into motherhood was.

Do we, modern pagans, need to rethink the archetype or is more guide lines?  Is that awkward age something all women have experienced, and it's a great secret and initiation into the cronehood?



Goddess Comments & Graphics
~Magickal Graphics~

1 comment:

  1. I think one of the best parts of pagan paths is the respect for the power of liminal space and the 'betweens'. I don't think the archetypes need to be reviewed but I think perhaps we should pay more attention to the transitions between them. Most pagan paths acknowledge the power of the crossroads and the times of transitions is a very powerful crossroad indeed.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment, share or ask questions, but please, keep comments in good taste and respectful.