Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Moving

After nine days of feeling like crap, I'm finally, really starting to heal.  This virus took a lot out of me and the exhaustion has been hard to shake.  Sadly, the timing has been terrible.  Friday, I pick up the keys for our new apartment.  Looking around, I feel extremely overwhelmed.  The kitchen isn't packed, my bedroom is still half done, and the heavy cleaning hasn't been started.  That's all before carrying everything down from the third floor and to the truck.

Usually, when I get massively overwhelmed, I can do one of two things: I can psyche myself up for the task or I can avoid thinking about it so as not to panic.  This time, I can't seem to do either.  Freaking out is rarely a good way to deal with anything, but it seems to be all I can manage.  I'm dragging myself around, trying to pack stuff, but energy is used up very quickly.  I'm afraid to try the caffeine route, as I don't want to give myself a set back.  For right now, I think I will do what I can and try very hard not to panic.

When you are faced with a huge, seemingly monstrous task, how do you cope?  

2 comments:

  1. As with every task, I simply take a deep breath and start working on it. As soon as everything is organized and running, I relax. And I know that you can do this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement, Diandra. Today, it's feeling more doable. Funny how a night spent in the ER with someone you care about shifts your perspective.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment, share or ask questions, but please, keep comments in good taste and respectful.