Friday, January 13, 2012

I'm it. Tag, now your it. No Tagbacks!

I don't do a lot of these but it can sometimes be a fun way to find new blogs, connect with readers, and learn about each other. Take a look.  If I tagged you and you don't want to play, no sweat.

The Rules
1. Post these rules.
2. You must post 11 random thoughts about yourself.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post.
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
5. Go to their blog and tell them you have tagged them.
6. No stuff in the tagging section about 'you are tagged if you are reading this.' blah, blah, blah, you legitimately have to tag 11 people!

11 Random thoughts about me:
1. I don't like juice.  Since I've been sick, everybody keeps trying to get me to drink it, which makes me cranky.
2.When I was a little kid, I wanted to be a paleontologist.  When I was in high school, I wanted to be a paleontologist again.  Somehow, I ended up getting my B.S. in Anthropology, and have done some archaeological work.
3. My stepbrother used to call me the Fountain of Useless Knowledge and The Kissing Ability.
4. I have convinced my four year old that his daddy has to go to work in the morning to push down the moon and push up the sun, before he can fix people's cars.
5. I'm still a little scared of manhole covers.  When I was a kid, I saw part of a movie where something reached out grabbed people and dragged them down under the streets.  I try not to walk on manhole covers, grates and drains.
6. I rarely have nightmares.  I figured out at some point in childhood that I was in control of my dreams.
7.  I really want to have a baby girl, but am terrified of having another boy.  It keeps me from trying to get pregnant.
8. When I was learning to drive, I ran into a building.  The name on the building was "Impact, Intl". My family still teases me about this even though my driving record is better than any of theirs.
9. I'm scared of living to near the ocean.
10. The funniest thing I've watched this week was an episode of Curious George where in he gets sprayed by a skunk, four time.
11. I like sleeping with my kids sometimes.  I makes feel connected to them (and warm, since they put off enough heat to be little furnaces).

Questions for me to answer:
1. What is your worst date, and why?  I didn't date a lot, so I can't really think of one.  Maybe the ROTC ball where I was the only girl at the table, mostly because I only knew one person there (who was busy sucking up), and it was a pity date.
2. How do you like to eat your fruit?  By itself.
3. What weird items would I find if I went through your wardrobe? There is the grape purple satin strapless bridesmaids dress, the "Practicing Primitive" tee shirt from my intern days, and a full length black velvet cape.
4. Which animal usually considered a pet scares you the most/do you find the most disgusting?  Dogs (especially pitbulls and dobermans- I was bit by one and regularly chased by the other)
5. How would you survive in the wilderness and which skills would you use?  I probably wouldn't, actually, I could forage a few plants around here that I know to be edible and I can typically keep track of direction when walking.  I guess I could also apply all those anthropology concepts like flint knapping and shelter construction.
6. Is there something you've always wanted to do but been too afraid to try? Hang gliding
7. What is the weirdest movie you ever saw? The three minutes of Zombie Strippers I saw while trying to convince my husband to go to bed.
8. Which god or goddess scares you?  Pelee.  Since I was very young, I have had vivid dreams about dying in a volcanic eruption.
9. And which one annoys you the most?  All those who tell their followers to harass, maim, kill and harm others who don't agree with the follower's point of view.
10. Do you have any annoying habits?  Yes, several.
11. Where do you want to be in three years? More at peace with my life.

Who I've tagged:
1.  EmKat Creations
2. Celestial Witch
3. Treegold & Beegold
4. A Simple Life Inspired
5. The Wild Witch Cauldron
6. Wicked Faerie Queen
7. Green Witch with Sprinkles
8. Alicia's Attic
9. AntB Pottery (check out her stuff on etsy)
10. Crafty Sandi
11. Pagan By Design

Questions for you to answer:
1.  What is your biggest pet peeve?
2.  How did you find out Santa Claus/Easter Bunny/ Tooth Fairy wasn't quite legit?
3.  Favorite toy as a kid?
4.  If you could go back in time, which person would you most like to shake and say "What were you thinking?!"
5.  Chicken or the egg?
6. If you could read people's thoughts, would you want to?
7. If you could turn someone into a toad who would it be?
8. Fantasy vacation?
9.  What is the most romantic thing you've experienced?
10. If you could create your own society what would it be like?
11.  What book would you most love to see brought to life (through movie making or literally)?

3 comments:

  1. :-P Post will go up on Sunday... meanie ;)

    Come enter my giveaway while you wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I love "Zombie strippers". It is fun, in a weird way. ^^ Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooh! I just got my tag thanks to Blogger taking it upon themselves to decide your comment was spam! Assholes. Lol. I am definitely playing. I will have my post up this week! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment, share or ask questions, but please, keep comments in good taste and respectful.