Tuesday, January 10, 2012

"I Would Be True"


I thought I'd share this with you.  It's a portion of a hymn, but it also appears in Hazel Felleman's "Poems That Live Forever".  I think these two stanzas are a great way to live my life.  I read it to my son recently, and he really enjoyed it.

I would be true, for there are those who trust me;
I would be pure, for there are those who care;
I would be strong, for there is much to suffer;
I would be brave, for there is much to dare;
I would be brave, for there is much to dare.
I would be friend of all—the foe, the friendless;
I would be giving, and forget the gift;
I would be humble, for I know my weakness;
I would look up, and laugh, and love and lift.
I would look up, and laugh, and love and lift.
-Howard A. Walter

4 comments:

  1. You got tagged!

    http://thatwitchistrue.blogspot.com/2012/01/game-of-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um, ok? My brain is a little fuzzy still, so I may not get it, but I'll check out the link. Thanks, Diandra!

      Delete
  2. I like that! What an awesome lesson to teach children! Good job :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was a great way to explain why to be good without any strings attached. Thanks, Sandi!

      Delete

Please feel free to comment, share or ask questions, but please, keep comments in good taste and respectful.