Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The list

Each year, I write a list of things I'd like to accomplish, purchases to make and problems to solve.  It can be a bit depressing to not be able to cross many of the items off, but it also is a good way to really evaluate things.    I have never expected to cross all the items off the list in a year, but I do expect to see progress.  Some items are removed after a year because i no longer deem them worthy, others are re-listed, year after year.

This year, I've crossed a few- I've looked into home ownership, made new friends, made a few purchases and changed things around.  That kitchen aid mixer still hasn't been crossed off the list, but the perfect shade of pink for my bedroom was found.  Our family took a bit of a vacation and I didn't brain anyone. I created a website and started blogging more regularly.  Not bad, all things considered.

What did you do this year that represents a long term goal?  What have your re-evaluated or made changes to?  Can you say that you are happier or closer to your goals or that you learned a lot?  Whatever you've done this year, I'll bet that if you look at it objectively, you've been pretty busy with your amazing life.  Whatever your journey, I am glad that we are sharing a bit of it with each other.

2 comments:

  1. Making a list might be a great idea... usually I scatter myself all over the place and forget to keep track of things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same goal every year to be a better person and not taking anyone or anything in my life for granted. Everything else is just a bonus ^_^ I am also glad we get to be apart of eachother's lives even if its only through our blogs :)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment, share or ask questions, but please, keep comments in good taste and respectful.