Monday, November 7, 2011

I really shouldn't be allowed to watch cartoons

Watching cartoons gives me wonderful, bad ideas. They inspire the kid in me and sometimes reveal entertaining truths about life.  Lately, I've been watching lots of "Phineas and Ferb" with the kids.

This week I've decided that someday I will own a house wear I will garden in a witch hat and label everything as poisonous, just for fun. My husband, being the supportive man that he is, has offered to crop the grass each Satrday wearing a black robe and using a scythe. I also think I someday, I will work somewhere I can freak people out by annoucing that I was expecting them (this is one is directly from P&F). I also want to find a way to make every mirror in the house make snarky announcements a la Snow White (If you haven't read Polly Shulman's The Grimm Legacy you should, the magic mirror amused me to no end).

What weird places do you regularly pick up inspiration?  Besides cartoons, I like books (lot's of really fascinating YA literature right now) and my good friends are all always a great source of mischief (I got to paint up a friend of mine as the Undead Fed employee for Halloween- I'm sure her bosses at the fed wouldn't have found it as funny as we did, but who cares?).  Does silliness and mischief make you feel young and full of energy, or is that just one of my quirks?

4 comments:

  1. Cartoons are great, but my friends are a true inspiration when it comes to doing stupid things. I bet there is a law against us meeting more than once a month, it would be too dangerous! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diandra, I'd agree, but I start to lose my color if I don't see them often enough. I'm sure in the coming months I'll be writing about the trouble I get into with my friends. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Phineas and Ferb it is to funny! My kids are delightfully mischevious(they keep me young)...my son was a Zombie Tax collector for Halloween every adult we met said,"Now thats scary"...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delphi, the Zombie Tax Collector is HILARIOUS!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment, share or ask questions, but please, keep comments in good taste and respectful.