Friday, November 25, 2011

Fitness Challenge Update

So we've hit the first of the gluttonous holidays.  I didn't do too bad, if you discount my alcohol consumption.  We did a rather low key celebration of turkey and stuffing sandwiches and pumpkin pie.  I only ate one sandwich and one piece of pie.  Feeling rather proud of that.

Most of my exercise this week has been housework and dancing.  I suspect these both burn more calories than my usual walk, so I'll have to try to keep them up.  I'm starting to hit that odd stage of weight loss where things are happening, but awkwardly.  My pants are looser (hooray!), but I'm a little saggy in places as the skin hasn't tightened up.  It highlights those areas that still need work. like my tummy and the bingo wings.  I know everybody has a spot that is resistant to weight loss or reshaping. Mine is my chest.  The gals are still enormous and they hide the weight loss going on other places. I'm thinking the short term fix for this will be a different bra.  If you can't fix'em, you might as well frame them as nicely as possible.

I missed the last few week's mini challenges between my schedule and the url change.  Here's my top 10 reasons for getting in shape and staying there.

  1. I'm tired of being tired.
  2. Flab is getting in the way of things like shaving my legs and crawling under the bed.
  3. My heart needs a break from all the stress of poor diet and extra weight.
  4. I'm thinking about getting pregnant again, and a high risk pregnancy will cramp my life.
  5. The kids are getting faster, I've got to try to keep up.
  6. I don't like being unhappy when I look in the mirror.
  7. Somebody has to teach the kids to be kind to their bodies; somebody is me.
  8. My knees, ankles and back hurt all the time.
  9. Food is meant as nourishment, not a hobby.
  10. My mom will stop worrying so much about my health and will be forced to worry about hers.
As far as the week 8 challenge goes, I am trying to eat less processed food.  When I have time and money, I try to buy organic foods at the farmer's market.  For now, that's the energy I have to put in.  I'd like to start eating more local foods (for social, economic, and scientific reasons).  This is all a process, so getting the intention out there is one step, and making it habit is another.

I hope you all are doing well, meeting goals and seeing change.  My blessings for happiness and health to you all.

2 comments:

  1. That's a great list... especially the thing about hte high-risk pregnancy. Today there was a news article on a woman weighing 240kg (530lbs) who had given birth to a 6kg (13lbs) child. She had had gestational diabetes, and the article also mentioned that the child will now be at very high risk of being overweight and developping diabetes early in life. If it was only about the mother, I wouldn't care, but putting the child's health at risk... (I recently ranted about the feeding habits of the BF's brother and sister-in-law, this is a really difficult topic for me).

    If your skin starts getting saggy, try to find body lotion with wild rose essence in it! It's in the Mommy aisle, mostly, and I got the idea from my sister when she was pregnant. Recently I tried it myself (there will be another post on it), and it works like a charm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I shall have to look for that. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment, share or ask questions, but please, keep comments in good taste and respectful.