Thursday, November 10, 2011

Between dreams and despair

For the 12 years of my marriage, we have been trying to buy a home.  We dream, we research we save and then something happens and we start over again.  Sunday, we drove around and looked for the perfect home to wish for.

I want to be optimistic and feel hope for the future and confidence that we can manifest our dreams, but at the same time, reality is often cruel.  Sometimes it feels as though I'm tearing myself in half.

How do you handle the ups and downs between your dreams and the often uncomfortable let downs of life?  Do you give up? Try harder?  Or create a different dream?  I am in the process of find a way to cope.  Some days, optimism is easy, but others, it's downright impossible to rise above my depression.  I haven't completely given up on my dream, but I've certainly downsized it, more than once.

2 comments:

  1. At the moment, the way we are living differs immensely from how I would like to live. I try to keep an eye on my dream so as not to miss an oportunity, but I also tell myself that I made all the decisions that led me to living like this, that this is what made me into who I am and will be necessary for me to continue to find and develop myself. If I wanted, I could change most of these things in an instant, but... somehow I like living this way. For now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you are feeling content. I believe that are circumstance are not completely random or predetermined. A bit of both with some free will seems to be my life. Sometimes, we can't see how close we are to our dreams because of all of the everyday stuff. Hang in there things are changing.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment, share or ask questions, but please, keep comments in good taste and respectful.