Friday, September 9, 2011

Saltwater

"The cure for anything is salt water- sweat, tears or the sea." -Henry David Thoreau

Sometimes, when everything is too much, we need to wash away the dirt to see what's underneath.  Sometimes we cry, sometimes we sweat.  Sometimes, we merge back with the primordial.  It's cleansing.

Today, for the first time in a long while, I cried for myself.  I cried from frustrations, from fear, from anger, from sadness.  And some of it washed away along with the tears.  I dried my eyes, and rubbed a bit of rose oil under my eyes to heal the skin made dry and fragile from the tears.  Blew my nose, and found something to do.

Let yourself go once in awhile.  Your job is not to be a pillar, supporting the weight of everything.  You are only human, and sometimes, sweat or tears are required to remove the accumulated dust and grime of our souls.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment, share or ask questions, but please, keep comments in good taste and respectful.