Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Welcoming air into my lungs

Breathing is such an ordinary event that we often don't think about it, unless we can't do it anymore.  This past week, I was in the Rockies, at nearly 10,000 feet elevation.  I found myself gasping for breath frequently.  It reminded me of how important the element of air is.  Getting home, to near sea level, the air has so eagerly entered my lungs, without hesitation, and I am so happy to welcome it.

Take a moment to welcome the air into your life.  Close your eyes, take a deep breath, hold it, and release it with love and gratitude.  Thank it for carrying your words, for filling your sails.  Without, we cannot exist, but it, like any other element, it has it's creative and destructive nature.  We must always remember this, appreciate it and honor it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment, share or ask questions, but please, keep comments in good taste and respectful.