Wednesday, August 31, 2011

I'm wearing my husband's underwear.

It was supposed to be a nice, relaxing evening.  I planned dinner in advance. The kids were playing nice (very rare), and my husband was on his way home.  I took my shower early, so my hair could dry before bedtime, started the laundry (I'm out of socks and undies, don't know about the rest of the family), and was sitting on the bed chatting with my mom on the phone (telling her the humorous and embarrassing story of how I was outwitted by my four year old and tricked into agreeing that butt screams, aka flatulence, is funny).

Well, after my husband got home, things went to hell in a hand basket and now I am sitting here, wearing my husband's undies (I don't have any clean ones, remember) and waiting for a tow truck to pick up the work car my husband drove home.  Dinner is a bust (the pork chops froze in the fridge, so we're picking something up), and we need to go the drug store (for what I don't really know).

I don't know how, or why, my life goes from quiet and normal-like to full blown cartoon-esque insanity in a little under half an hour.  I'm certain there is a life lesson or a message from the Universe in this story, but I don't know what it is.  Maybe it is : Don't procrastinate when it comes to laundry.  Then again it might be: Learn to laugh at yourself. Of course it is probably: You're so much fun to mess with.

1 comment:

  1. It's probably "In unpredictable chaos there is no one we would rather be going to hell in a hand basket with then the ones we love" ;) Or you could be right the Universe just like messing with you :P
    Blessed Be*

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment, share or ask questions, but please, keep comments in good taste and respectful.