Thursday, July 7, 2011

The Goddess loves you, but no more whining


 One night I had a wondrous dream,  One set of footprints there was seen, 


 The footprints of the Goddess they were,  But mine were not along the shore.

 But then some stranger prints appeared,  and I asked Her, "What have we here? 
 These prints are large and round and neat,  But much too big to be from feet."

 "My child," She said in somber tones,  "For miles I carried you alone. 
 I challenged you to walk in faith,  But you refused and made me wait."

 "You would not learn, you would not grow,  The walk of faith, you would not know, 
 So I got tired, I got fed up,  And there I dropped you on your butt.

 "Because in life, there comes a time  When one must fight, and one must climb, 
 When one must rise and take a stand,  Or leave their butt prints in the sand."
-based on the work of Sam Glenn (I think)

Just a reminder that the Goddess is a loving and caring mother, but eventually, like all good moms, she expects us to grow up and stop whining.  She won't grant our every wish, and she won't intervene every time we ask for help, because we cannot grow if we are sheltered and coddled and never challenged.

She loves you, but she won't put up with whining, and I don't blame Her. Next time you feel abandoned, just remember that She has stepped back to allow you room to grow, because She loves you.


I am writing this because, recently, She has been giving me the maternal glare (you know the one).  I've been whining and pouting.  I have been informed that it is terribly unbecoming and that it is to stop, right now.  So, I'll be a good girl now and behave, at least until my next tantrum.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment, share or ask questions, but please, keep comments in good taste and respectful.