Saturday, June 11, 2011

Tools: Goddess Gift





When I returned to my spiritual journey, after an absence of several years and great deal of unhappinesss and uncertainty, Goddess Gift was one of the first websites I came across that really encouraged me to explore myself.  It helped restore my faith in myself and reminded me that spirituality isn't meant to somber and ritualized.  I felt like I had been welcomed back into a secret sisterhood that celebrated life and the joys and pains of being a woman.  Sometimes the mood was serious, but those grey skies, always had a glimmer of light shining through.

Goddess Gift, created by Sharon Turnbull, Ph.D. and author of "Goddess Gift: Discover Your Personal Goddess Type", offers mythology blended with modern, personal and sometimes funny anecdotes of how Goddesses can help us through our spiritual journey and out everyday lives.  The newsletter is full of time appropriate observations on life, combined with exercises and practical, gentle advice for welcoming Goddesses into our lives.

The site also offers a personality test, to help you determine the Goddess archetype that you are most like.  The report also details the major myths of that goddess and how She can help you, and meditations and exercises to help you connect with your Goddess.  For those of you just starting out on your spiritual journey, Goddess Gift is a great place to start.  It's warm, welcoming and full of wisdom and humor.

I have made use of many sections of this site, including purchasing a Goddess Quiz, which was great for learning to accept parts of my personality other people sometimes wanted me to suppress.  My favorite reading on Goddess Gift is the "Wild Woman Prayer" by Rob Brezsny, which is a little irreverent and very touching at the same time.  I'm sure as time goes by, I'll find new favorites, because woman are never static and neither are the Goddesses.

Visit Goddess Gift at: http://www.goddessgift.com/

To sign up for the newsletter, please visit:
http://www.goddessgift.com/goddess_optin.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment, share or ask questions, but please, keep comments in good taste and respectful.