Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Some days ya gotta dance...


My three year old son is hard to resist.  He's cute, charming and tenacious.  When he wants attention, he just asks for it with a smile and sparkling hazel eyes.  The other day, he wanted to dance; so of course, I had to drop what I was doing and dance with him.

We cranked up "I'd Rather Be Burned as a Witch" and danced around the living room- cackling as we went.  Then we rocked out The Ataris.  It was fun, life affirming and completely spontaneous.  He has no shyness about his body, it doesn't embarrass him and he could care less who was watching or what they thought.  After his dances he went back to his toys, and I went back to whatever it was I'd been doing.  Endorphins flowing, stress released, and blood pumping, my blonde haired little pixie made my day.

I'm going to do it more.  Just turn up the music and move.  Who cares what it looks like; it's fun.  I'm tired of caring how other people see me (not that I've ever been THAT interested, but still I cared a little).  I'm going to dye some of my hair pink and do what I feel like, because , well it's my life and I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment, share or ask questions, but please, keep comments in good taste and respectful.