Monday, December 13, 2010

Time for change

As you may have noticed, I was silent throughout the month of November.  Between moving, Thanksgiving and a personal crisis, I have had not time for anything but the basics.  This last month has made it apparent that my life needs change.

I have begun by moving to a new apartment, starting therapy for depression, and joining a weight loss support group.  I look around my home and think about the things I can do without (like enough dishes to literally feed an army) and getting them out of my way.  I am re-evaluating my priorities (having a more organized home has become more important than having lots of stuff).  I am looking at my behaviors and thinking about how they help and hurt me.

I have decided that changing what I want is not giving up; it is part of the process of creating myself.  It might seem easier to make a few changes at a tie, but right now, I think I need a huge, noticable change.  I need to be reinvented.

I talk to people around me and I hear that they, too, need to change their lives.  Let me know what you want to change and how you think you can.

"it seems necessary to completely shed the old skin before the new, brighter, stronger, more beautiful one can emerge... I never thought I'd be getting a life lesson from a snake!"  -Julie Ridge

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment, share or ask questions, but please, keep comments in good taste and respectful.